Explore the unique meeting spaces of Montréal’s Institute of Tourism and Hotels
As one of the top tourism and hotel management schools in the world, Montréal’s Institute of Tourism and Hotels (Institute de tourisme et d’hôtellerie, or ITHQ for short) has readied students for a careers in tourism hospitality for over 50 years. And in the name of giving their students some real world experience, the ITHQ also offers unique meeting and offsite event spaces, comfortable hotel accommodations and dining options sure to please any attendee.
Location, location, location!
Based in the picturesque Plateau neighbourhood, the ITHQ not only offers great views over the pretty as a postcard Square Saint-Louis and Mount Royal, but is also a great starting point from which to explore the city. A short walk from the leafy Parc La Fontaine and the bustling Saint-Denis Street shopping and dining areas, events at ITHQ guarantee your attendees a truly Montréal experience. And when hunger hits, there’s options for full catering service or meals in either the ITHQ Restaurant or the Resto-école La Relève gourmande, both specializing in locally-sourced Québécois cuisine under the guiding direction of executive chef Jonathan Lapierre-Réhayem and head chef Pascale Beirouti.
Banquets, presentations, classes and more
The rooms on offer at ITHQ range from cooking and pastry spaces perfect for teambuilding exercises for groups of less than 20 to larger spaces for bigger group meetings, meals and cocktails. And there’s always the added bonus of tasty treats and cuisine made in-house, with rooms equipped with high-speed internet, hands-free telephones for conference calls and multimedia screens.
- Saint-Louis room | With its sweeping 6th floor views over its namesake square, the adaptable Saint-Louis room can be sized from 564 to 1387 square feet, with a capacity for 12 to 120 people.
- Mont-Royal room | Looking out towards Mount Royal from the 6th floor, the Mont-Royal room is adaptable in sizes ranging from 624 to 1464 square feet, with a capacity of 12 to 120 people.
- Salon Saint-Laurent | Set up with a large permanent table, the Salon Saint-Laurent is perfect for board meetings for up to 14 people.
- La Relève gourmande | Available on Saturdays and Sundays year-round and throughout school breaks and summer vacation, the La Relève gourmande space can be divided in two parts, offering 1787 to 4080 square feet in area. Capacity ranges from 120 to 200 people.
- Saputo room | Fully renovated, this culinary training room comfortably fits up to 33 people. It’s perfect for lectures and demonstrations and equipped with two 4K screens.
- Classrooms and auditorium | Offering capacities ranging from 17 to 87 people, the ITHQ’s classrooms and auditorium are also available outside of class time.
- Cooking and pastry spaces | The ITHQ also offers workshops for groups of up to 17 people, bringing the team together in delectable co-creation.
All packaged up and ready to go
Responsible for training the next generation of hospitality experts, it should come as no surprise that the ITHQ also offers package deals for meetings and more. Starting from as low as $69 per person, there’s a variety of options available (as well as variable menu choices taking into account dietary restrictions) throughout the week ranging from meetings with lunch to evening soireés. The ITHQ also operates with an Eco-conscious commitment as member of the Canadian Green Key Global program.
Venue: Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie
Address: 3535 rue Saint-Denis
Phone: 514-282-5120 or toll-free at 1-855-229-8189, option 3
Number of hotel rooms: 42 (including 2 suites)
Number of meeting rooms: 6
Maximum capacity: 250
Read this next: Give the gift of Montréal with these locally designed souvenirs!