Great news! For the fifth year in a row, Montréal has topped the Union of International Associations (UIA) annual list of top host cities for international conventions in the Americas. Montréal’s leading edge keeps the city in first place amongst some major event host destinations in Canada, such as Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto, and internationally, such as New York, Washington, Chicago, and more.
In partnership with the Palais des congrès de Montréal, we’re incredibly proud to be — once again — recognized by the UIA.
Part of a notable history
Since its founding in 1907 by ground-breaking information science researcher Paul Otlet and Nobel Peace Prize winner Henri La Fontaine, the Union of International Association has tracked the meetings and activities of international associations. They’ve also played an important role in keeping international associations connected and collaborating.
The union is a non-profit, non-governmental research institute and documentation centre based in Brussels, Belgium. It operates under a United Nations mandate.
Montréal is open for business
Montréal is excited to be the backdrop for your big event. This year, we’ve already hosted some massive meetings and events, including the Lions Clubs International Convention, the Formula 1 Grand Prix, and Montréal’s Comiccon.
Event professionals choose Montréal
Why is Montréal consistently at the top of the UIA’s list? Here are five reasons why the world keeps selecting Montréal as their destination for meetings and events.
- Montréal’s convention centre (the Palais des congrès de Montréal) is anything but conventional. One of the greatest things about the Palais is its location downtown, in the heart of the action. More than 15,000 hotel rooms are located within a 10-minute walk, including approximately 4,000 rooms that are directly accessible by an underground pedestrian network.
- A major research hub in AI, clean technology, and neuroscience, Montréal is the perfect home base for conferences and meetings on the cutting edge. And better yet, we connect you with local luminaries to ensure that your attendees get to network with the city’s best and brightest.
- Montréal’s unique je ne sais quoi stretches beyond our picturesque attractions and envious cuisine scene. We’re also immensely creative. An initiative following the city’s official designation as an UNESCO City of Design, the local Smart and Digital City office keeps Montréal at the forefront of innovative city living.
- We’re home to YUL Montréal-Trudeau International Airport, Canada’s most international air transport hub with direct service to many worldwide destinations. The airport’s Travel With Confidence safety measures also ensure your in-person attendees will experience smooth sailing both upon arrival and departure.
- Montréal has great venues. The city is home to hidden gems that ensure memorable events. And did we mention that we’re affordable? Yes, we’re easy to look at and economically friendly. Talk about a dream date!
Read this next: Montréal to host leading luxury travel event