Travel with Confidence at YUL Montréal-Trudeau International Airport
As borders re-open and international travel resumes, YUL Montréal-Trudeau international Airport has unveiled its new safety practices program Travel with Confidence, allowing you and your guests to travel in and out of Montréal with ease. With a focus on passenger safety and clearly communicated, easy-to-follow guidelines, traveling via YUL will be a snap.
Upon arrival at YUL
- Only entrances 4, 11 on the departures level and 25 on the arrivals level will be open to enter the terminal building, each equipped with a health checkpoint decked out with hand washing stations. Passengers will have their temperatures taken, be asked to wear a mandatory face mask and answer a symptoms questionnaire before continuing to check-in.
- Only travelers and airport employees will be allowed to enter the terminal, while those dropping off and picking up passengers must remain in their vehicles in the drop-off zone. (Passengers requiring extra assistance or minors can be accompanied, but all will undergo the same safety checks).
- YUL has long offered check-in kiosks and self-serve baggage drop-off kiosks, with several innovative automated processes planned for the upcoming months.
- Pre-arranged parking spaces and reserved passage times through security checkpoints will also be available on yul.com.
Terminal safety guidelines
- As mentioned previously, face masks within YUL will be mandatory for all guests (with some exceptions for those under two years of age, unable to remove their masks without assistance or those with breathing difficulties).
- All high-traffic passenger areas will be scrubbed clean and disinfected 10 times daily.
- Disinfectant stations will be placed throughout the airport terminal, particularly at those spots where a passenger’s mask must be handled.
- Sinks, soap dispensers and dryers in all terminal washrooms are automated.
- All baggage carts will be disinfected after each use.
- Terminal shops and restaurants will follow the same safety precaution rules – including a reduced number of seats available to maintain physical distancing.
When leaving YUL
- Those picking up travelers must wait outside in the pick-up areas, unless assistance is required.
- YUL-approved and licensed taxi drivers will clean their vehicle between each passenger, wear facemask and regularly wash their hands. (Passengers can also request a vehicle equipped with a plexiglass screen between driver and passenger).
A warm welcome back to Montréal
As Canada’s most international airport, YUL Montréal-Trudeau welcomes millions of passengers every year, and with these new systems in place we can’t wait to once again wish you a hearty Bienvenue!
Read this next: What if this crisis is an opportunity to truly transform events?