Summer 2018 takes off at Montréal-Trudeau Airport
Each year, Montréal-Trudeau Airport welcomes more guests from more destinations than ever before, and 2018 is no exception. This summer, direct service to 146 destinations worldwide makes getting to Montréal even easier, including new non-stop flights bringing the world ever closer. Proportionately, Montréal-Trudeau is the most international of all Canadian airports, with a record-breaking 89 international flights. And it’s clear to see the world is noticing – Montréal-Trudeau was recognized at the Skytrax World Airport Awards as one of the Top 10 Airports in North America, and also ranked sixth place for “Best Airport Staff Service in North America.”
Numbers reaching sky-high
Welcoming a record 18.2 million guests in 2017 (a 9.5% increase over the preceding year), as Montréal-Trudeau’s international reach increases, so do its numbers.
- The low-cost airline Level-France becomes Montréal-Trudeau’s 34th carrier (and 22nd international) offering 3 weekly flights to Paris Orly from July 2 to November 3, 2018.
- 2018 brings a 6% rise in seats offered, with 8% growth internationally.
- Several carriers, including Interjet (+52%), Air Transat (+18%), Air China (+10%) and Air Canada (+8%) are adding seat capacity for the summer season.
- There’s more seat capacity for destinations including Mexico City, Mexico (+21%), Tel Aviv, Israel (+52%), and Paris, France (+4%), and the number of weekly flights to Lisbon, Portugal will double for the summer.
- International carriers are also increasing their summer flight frequency, including Air China (six flights a week to Beijing, China), Air Algérie (eight flights a week), and Tunisair (four flights a week).
Exciting new destinations
Air Canada expands their Montréal services with five new city routes sure to be a hit with international visitors.
- Tokyo, Japan (starting June 1, 2018 and continuing year-round)
- Bucharest, Romania (summer service starting June 7, 2018)
- Baltimore and Pittsburgh, USA (starting May 17, 2018 and continuing year-round)
- Victoria, British Columbia (summer service starting June 22, 2018)
All totalled, Montréal-Trudeau connects directly with five of the world’s seven continents – with Australia just a quick connection away, and Antarctica still better reached by boat.