PROGRESS for meetings at the Palais des congrès de Montréal
As we begin to plan events for the months and years ahead, we’ve had to rethink the way we meet, especially in large venues like conventions centres. Planners will want to know that rigorous health protocols have been implemented to ensure the safety of attendees. And, of course, we all want to ensure that gatherings are still rich with opportunities for learning, networking and social exchanges. So, with all this in mind, the Palais des congrès de Montréal has unveiled PROGRESS: the Palais Reopening Operating Guide to Running Events with Safety Standards.
Safe, successful meetings: the Palais has you covered
The PROGRESS program addresses all aspects of meetings and events, from the registration process and payment to meeting design and food and beverage services. The team at the Palais will be there to advise planners every step of the way, and will adapt the program as the situation evolves. Here are just some of the elements of the PROGRESS guide.
Greeting and registration
- A free centralized system to welcome participants, with check points and health measures
- Staggered arrival times for different groups
- Management of traffic flow to rapidly guide participants to event rooms, preventing large gatherings in one area and
- Access limited only to those who have been checked and accredited
- Palais staff will be trained and will wear personal protective equipment (PPE), according to their roles
- Face coverings highly encouraged in spaces where social distancing is not possible
Contactless registration and payment
- Solutions offered for electronic ticketing and badges that can be printed at home
- Online ticket purchase for consumer shows and contactless payment on site
- Transactional spaces, registration counters and information desks with protective panels
Clear communication on protocols
- Planners receive detailed kits on health protocols in place
- Signage, floor and wall markers reminding participants to respect social distancing
- Cones, cords and barriers as needed to limit gatherings and facilitate traffic flow
- Greeters stationed at check points to offer information and direct participants
- A patrol assigned to remind participants about health protocols and ensure responsible behaviour
Rigorous standards for cleanliness
- A complete cleaning and disinfection of the facility, followed by increased cleaning and disinfecting on an ongoing basis
- Daily disinfection of all surfaces in event spaces, including a ByoPlanet certified electrostatic spray system
- Hydroalcoholic gel dispensers at room entrances each room and high traffic areas, plus additional handwashing stations
- Use of one-step hospital grade disinfectant cleaner based on AHP® (Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide) technology
- Preventive maintenance of high performance ventilation systems, with filters replaced regularly
New turnkey solutions for event rooms
- Redesign of floor plans and capacities, with meeting rooms set up in advance and equipped with audiovisual gear by official supplier ENCORE, in accordance with their MeetSAFE program
- ENCORE and GES have joined forces to provide hybrid solutions to integrate in-person and virtual components of events
- The Palais team will provide guidance on possible configurations, traffic flow management, greeting process, etc.
- Protocols for exhibitors, management of loading area, logistics for inbound and outbound merchandise
A fresh take on food and beverage
- New, flavourful menus designed by Capital Catering, according to health protocols
- Buffets replaced by a variety of compostable meal boxes, adapted plated service or express lunch alternatives.
- Kitchen will apply Ecosure food safety and public health standards, developed by Ecolab, the global leader in food sanitation and safety
- Strict hygiene and health rules enforced on a continuous basis
- All procedures for kitchen and service staff reviewed and approved by public health experts
- A safer supply chain, prioritizing local growers and producers
Find out more about the Palais des congrès de Montréal’s new PROGRESS guide.
Read this next: What if this crisis is an opportunity to truly transform events?