Reach to the future at PCMA’s Convening Leaders 2020
Each year, the Profesional Convention Management Association (PCMA) holds their annual Convening Leaders gathering, bringing together the world’s top event professionals under one roof. The 2020 edition runs January 5 to 8 in San Francisco, and Tourisme Montréal will be on-site to meet and greet – not to mention, show off some of the latest and greatest our city has to offer.
A theme to inspire
Convening Leaders is presented each year with an over-arching theme, and the 2020 edition’s is Reach. But referring to more than just social media exposure, Reach aims to promote deeper connections, wider audiences and creating positive social impact on local communities. Attendees in the age of the experience economy demand something more meaningful in their meetings, and Convening Leaders is here to point the way forward.
We’re bringing Montréal to you!
The Tourisme Montréal Business Events Montréal team will once again be on-hand at Convening Leaders, with a few sweet surprises up our sleeves. Here’s a run-down of what we’ve got cooking for this year:
- Montréal x PCMA EDUCON 2020: EDUCON, PCMA’s innovative educational summit, is coming to Montréal June 28 to July 1, 2020, and we’re bringing a special photo booth (right beside the breakfast in bed registration booth) to give you an early glimpse of our city. Stop by and let’s take a #groupselfie!
- Breakfast in Bed: For more than 25 years, Tourisme Montréal has served breakfast in bed, and this year the tradition continues! Visit us at our booth near the entrance of Hall B on the exhibition level before Wednesday morning to register.
- A restroom transformation: Montréal startup Les Cabinets is rewriting the event washroom rulebook, with deluxe treatment and next-level comfort that’s thrilled event planners and attendees from here and all the way to the Oscars. Come get pampered in the South Hall Foyer and see it for yourself. You’ll never look at bathrooms the same way.
- We’ll keep an eye on your things, too: Locketgo, another Montréal-based game-changing startup, is providing Business Events Montréal with lockers to safely store your purses and backpacks, freeing you up to enjoy the conference without schlepping around your bags. Better yet, these stylish storage units also charge your digital devices while they’re under lock and key. Find them in the South Lobby next to the PCMA Connect zone.
The place to be for #EventProfs
Each edition of Convening Leaders brings with it a packed program of speakers, workshops and networking sessions, and here’s a few of the keynote events you won’t want to miss. (Keep tabs on everything you’d like to see and do on-site via the PCMA CL 2020 App, available for both iOS and Android):
- Headline speakers: We’re excited this year to listen and learn from keynote speakers like Bozoma Saint John (the Chief Marketing Officer for Endeavor), author Simon Sinek, the 66th U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, NASA Flight Control Director Gene Kranz and the strategist and advisor Heather E. McGowan.
- The pre-conference Hackathon: Taking place on Sunday, January 5, 2020, the Convening Leaders Hackathon brings together teams of five (to a maximum of 50 participants) to work together towards innovative solutions under the guiding hands of facilitators Donna Kastner and Jamie Murdock.
- Unique networking opportunities: With a range of activities from cocktail receptions to fun runs and group yoga sessions, Convening Leaders also provides ample opportunity to mix and mingle. And this year, their Tuesday Networking Reception even features a performance from music superstars Maroon 5!