A successful incentive trip accomplishes the tri-fecta of awesome: staff will think their company is awesome, a well-chosen trip is always awesome and the team will be motivated to be more awesome once back at their desks. And that’s triple-awesome! We know when it comes to incentive travel you’re looking for unforgettable experiences and inspiring group adventures, and Montréal has all that and more – plus a few unexpected surprises up our sleeve.
Here’s where Montréal comes in
Montréal’s reputation amongst visitors and conference attendees is stellar – recent polls resulted in 97% of tourists and businesspeople saying they’d suggest the city to their friends and colleagues. And that A+ score has recently been reflected in the naming of Montréal as the most reputable city in the Americas on the Reputation Institute’s annual City RepTrak list. And did we mention how easy it is to get here? With 146 direct flights worldwide and counting, Montréal-Trudeau International Airport is Canada’s most international flight hub getting groups here in a snap.
Choose your own adventure
But how to make sure you pick the right experience? No two groups are created equal, and while some would be beyond the moon with a pottery class and museum wander, others want something to get the adrenaline moving. The experts at Tourisme Montréal have created a series of unique Montréal-only adventures for four broad types of working teams that we know your employees will love.
Active & Adventurous
Not afraid of breaking a sweat or trying something new in the name of excitement, this type of team thrives on keeping things moving and active. Outdoor enthusiasts and adrenaline junkies unite!
- They’ll love discovering the city with a tour on the BIXI system, Montréal’s public bike-sharing service
- Take them fishing on the St. Lawrence River – or even ice fishing in colder months
- How about surfing on the St. Lawrence? Grab your trunks and let’s go!
- Try local favourite sports like curling and hockey
- Pick up some archery skills or smash some stuff in a rage cage all in the same building
- Check out more of Montréal’s exciting adrenaline-fuelled activities they’re sure to love
Suggested hotel pairing: Hotel Bonaventure’s rooftop pool is perfect for post-thrill relaxation
Creative & Curious
Creatives require brain fuel to keep their out-of-the-box ideas flowing, and some time well spent with other creators will leave them feeling invigorated and inspired. The perfect stimuli today brings tomorrow’s big ideas.
- Take a tour of a Montréal fashion designer’s atelier and see #MTLstyle up close
- Pick up Montréal museum passes for admittance to over 40 local museums like the Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal or the Montréal Museum of Fine Arts
- See the city atop a scooter or run away with the circus with mindblowing public performances
- Pick up some regional cooking tips, learn the art of glassblowing or attend a painting workshop at an art gallery
Suggested hotel pairing: The Hôtel William Gray’s history and Old Montréal location is sure to inspire
Fun-loving & Festive
This energetic bunch wants some real experiences to take home. They cope with FOMO with a YOLO attitude and crave entertainment and unforgettable moments. Montréal’s got them covered!
- Take in one of Montréal’s 100+ world-class festivals throughout the year – from jazz to comedy, indie music to gastronomy
- Let loose with an awesome music scene and round-the-clock nightlife
- Join the stands at one of the city’s major professional sports events, from hockey, football, tennis to F1 racing
Suggested hotel pairing: The hip and happening W Hotel
Hard-working & Wellness-hungry
Some hard-working groups just want the chance to relax and recharge. Lucky for all, Montréal specializes in restorative options, offering a wealth of great ways to kick back and relax.
- Check out Montréal’s world-famous spa on a boat
- Sip on tasty concoctions at one of our oh-so-chic cocktail bars
- People watch from one of the city’s beloved outdoor terraces
- Sun a local pool or on a riverside beach – toes in the sand
- No better way to relax than a manipedi
Suggested hotel pairing: Pamper your team at the sumptuous St. Paul Hotel (partnered with Bota Bota spa, no less)