Indispensable podcasts for event professionals
We love podcasts. They’re a fast and easy way to absorb information while commuting from place to place or kicking back and relaxing with a good listen. And the proof is in the numbers, with more people listening to podcasts than ever before. Recent polling and research shows one-third of Americans aged 25 to 54 listen to at least one podcast every month – and that’s a lot of ears tuning in.
As event planners, chances are you’re constantly on the lookout for the latest and greatest in this exciting and dynamic industry. We’ve pulled together a list of podcasts perfect for meeting planners on the go who are looking for a time-effective way to keep on top of it all. Listen and enjoy!
- Meetings Today: Addressing important issues for meeting planners, the podcasts at Meetings Today include a recent look at event security.
- How I Built This: Host Guy Raz looks at the stories behind some of the most influential companies on the world stage, presented by NPR.
- Claim the Stage: Join host Angela Lussier, the CEO and founder of the Speaker Sisterhood, on this podcast dedicated to women in business.
- Style Your Mind: Cara Alwill focuses on areas of industry for women, from breaking through the glass ceiling to handling social media.
- EntreLeadership: Focusing on issues faced by entrepreneurs and business owners, host Ken Coleman interviews a trendsetter on each episode – occasionally recorded live at special events.
- The Art of Charm: With over 96 million downloads, the everpopular Art of Charm podcast features interviews with figures from Shaquille O’Neal to Angela Duckworth, all leaders in their respective fields.
- The Future of Work: Each episode, Jacob Morgan speaks with leading thinkers on changes in the workplace – and what’s to come.
- Hidden Brain: Blending scientific research with storytelling, host Shankar Vedantam dives into complicated topics ranging from romance to rebellion all through the lens of neuroscience.
- Stay on Top of Your Work: Host Magda Urbaniak looks at time management and the best way to tackle that todo list awaiting on all of our desks.
- Skift: A weekly look at changes in the travel industry, including interviews with executives, entrepreneurs and creative thinkers in the field.
- SpokenEdition – Skift Travel Business: Another podcast from the minds at Skift, presenting an insider’s look at global travel industry intelligence.
- Behind the Design: Marriott hotels presents interviews with the leading hotel designers in the industry, looking at trends and upcoming ideas in accommodation.
- Fuel Hotel Marketing Podcast: One of the most popular podcasts in the hotel industry, Fuel looks at marketing trends and changes in hotel marketing.
- Lodging Leaders: Interviewing leading hoteliers and other industry players, Jon Albano looks at issues facing hotel professionals.
- Book Greener: Stay on top of the green hotel trend through interviews and examination of ecofriendly accommodation choices – and impress your attendees with their next stay.
- Hospitality Academy: Host Susan Pannozzo turns 30 years of experience in the hotel industry into a podcast that guarantees great guest experiences.
Read this next: Recent and new hotel openings in Montréal