We’ve written before about Montréal’s breathtaking outdoor venues and expressed our love for our island oasis, Parc Jean-Drapeau. Put those two fantastic things together and you’ve got the epic Espace 67: a cutting-edge outdoor events complex perfect for everything from intimate outdoor gatherings to large-scale presentations, all set in the park’s leafy environs with a downtown skyline view.
The event spaces of Espace 67
From tucked-away sites perfect for intimate gatherings to the sprawling grounds of the Amphitheatre (with restaurant, perfect for group dining), the event spaces of Espace 67 offer a world of possibilities.
- The Event Village: Suitable for markets, fairs and pop-up events, the Event Village features adaptable spaces and wide walkways suited for transformative ideas. Cooling mist-sprayers are installed to keep attendees comfortable during the summer months and food concessions are both on-hand or easily installed to suit any taste.
- The Natural Agora: Situated next to the woods, and in close proximity to Alexander Calder’s selfie-suitable Trois disques sculpture, the Natural Agora is an ideal spot for smaller events, with a stage area for mid-meeting performances or presentations.
- The Amphitheatre: With room for up to 65,000 attendees, the Amphitheatre is a transformative space, with endless potential for events both big and small. Without a permanent stage, the space is open and adaptable to both a team getaway in the park and festival-sized concerts.
The four pillars of Espace 67
More than a just an urban park concourse, the Espace 67 project has four missions:
- Recreate the spirit of Expo 67. Remembered as one of the greatest world fairs in history, the Expo 67 legacy has remained a vital part of Montréal’s growth and development — with some iconic venues still remaining. Espace 67 aims to bring back the spirit of gathering and discovery that made Expo such a game-changer 50 years ago.
- Become a destination in itself. Enhancing the draw of the Parc Jean-Drapeau — itself already a destination for locals and visitors alike — Espace 67 aims to elevate the park to must-see status.
- Combine nature and culture. Surrounded by the flowing St. Lawrence River, the islands of Parc Jean-Drapeau have long given visitors a natural break from the bustling city. By blending the natural surroundings with cultural programming and installations, Espace 67 heightens these connections even further.
- Showcase the ingenuity of the site. Built up from the materials excavated from beneath Montréal during the construction of the city’s metro system, Parc Jean-Drapeau’s islands are an example of human creativity and resourcefulness. Espace 67 continues this trend with its modern, groundbreaking design modifications.