Montréal once again named UIA’s top event city!
Great news! For the fourth year in a row, Montréal has topped the Union of International Associations (UIA) annual list of top host cities for international conventions in the Americas. Montréal’s leading edge keeps the city in first place amongst some major event host destinations, such as New York, Buenos Aires, Toronto, and Washington.
We’re incredibly proud to — once again — be recognized by the UIA.
Part of a notable history
Since its founding in 1907 by ground-breaking information science researcher Paul Otlet and Nobel Peace Prize winner Henri La Fontaine, the Union of International Association has tracked the meetings and activities of international associations. They’ve also played an important role in keeping international associations connected and collaborating.
The union is a non-profit, non-governmental research institute and documentation centre based in Brussels, Belgium. It operates under a United Nations mandate.
Montréal is open for business (and we’re booking up quickly)
While it’s certainly been a tough time for everyone in the travel and events industries, things are looking up again. Montréal is open for business, and we’re excited to be the backdrop for your big event. Next year (2022), we’re already scheduled to host some massive meetings, including the Lions Clubs International Convention and the 24th International AIDS Conference.
Event professionals choose Montréal
Why is Montréal consistently at the top of the UIA’s list? Here are five reasons why the world keeps selecting Montréal as their destination for meetings and events.
- A major research hub in AI, clean technology, and neuroscience, Montréal is the perfect home base for conferences and meetings on the cutting edge. And better yet, we connect you with local luminaries to ensure that your attendees get to network with the city’s best and brightest.
- Montréal’s unique je ne sais quoi stretches beyond our picturesque attractions and envious cuisine scene. We’re also immensely creative. An initiative following the city’s official designation as an UNESCO City of Design, the local Smart and Digital City office keeps Montréal at the forefront of innovative city living.
- We’re home to YUL Montréal-Trudeau International Airport, Canada’s most international air transport hub with direct service to many worldwide destinations. The airport’s Travel With Confidence safety measures also ensure your in-person attendees will experience smooth sailing both upon arrival and departure.
- We offer guarantees. From flexible cancellation fees to experts specialized in hybrid events to Our 720° Safety Protocol (and more!), we cover every detail. Event professionals only need to think about planning an unforgettable event. Guaranteed.
- Montréal has great venues. The city is home to hidden gems that ensure memorable events. And did we mention that we’re affordable? Yes, we’re easy to look at and economically friendly. Talk about a dream date!
Read this next: Border crossing information for your delegates